Criteria and guidelines for Katelyn’s Fund – Orphan Ministry applicants:
If applicants are chosen for an interview, the interview is done in person if they live a reasonable driving distant or via conference call. Interviews must take place before travel occurs or
- WITHIN 45 days of child being placed in your home with a domestic placement
- BEFORE final travel with an international placement
Due to the sheer number of applicants, we are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your application or about checking items needed.
The number of requests far outweigh the number of resources we have available. We give higher priority to families who make less than $100,000 as we have so many applicants.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to make sure all materials are included with the application and on the application checklist. We will not process any files that are missing items. Files that are incomplete will not be reviewed.
If you have questions, please review the information under grants.
- Completed Home study (must be completed and approved before application)
- Within 45 days of placement of child for domestic adoptions
- Picture of adoptive family
- Picture of children to be adopted (if known)
- Tax returns (including all pages) from the previous two years
- Statement of expenses from adoption agency
- List of at least 5 names and addresses to receive Katelyn’s Fund Newsletter
- Application must be received and the interview with the board must be conducted before travel is complete for international adoptions; 45 days within placement for domestic adoptions
- Two parent married, heterosexual, Christian families professing their belief in Jesus Christ as the only Lord and Savior. Our desire is for children to be adopted into two parent Christian homes. God has ordained marriage and designed children to benefit and grow in this love.
- Parents must complete their statement of faith on the application and discuss this during the interview process, your relationship with Jesus Christ is critical.
- Families must be working with a licensed adoption agency.
- Families showing financial hardship with adoption expenses or need of assistance. Costs of adoption certainly affect almost all families, applicants will be prayerfully considered.
- Applications must be submitted at least 90 days before travel and applicants must have an interview with the board before travel occurs or within 45 days of placement for domestic adoptions.
- Step 1 – Submit the Katelyn’s Fund application with all items listed on the application checklist, included in the application.
- Step 2 – Katelyn’s Fund requires references to send letters on your behalf. These reference letters need to be enclosed with your application or you file will not be considered complete and therefore will not be reviewed.
- Step 3 – Katelyn’s Fund board will meet and pray about all requests as they are submitted. The board will review all application materials and notify applicants of time for interview or letter of decline.
- Step 4 – Katelyn’s Fund board will conduct interviews with applicants. This is a time to learn more about your family, child/children you are adopting, God’s plan in your adoption, and a time for our board to pray for you as a family.
- Step 5 – Katelyn’s Fund board will prayerfully consider families’ needs after the interview. The board will determine grant decisions and notify families regarding grant commitments within 3 weeks of the interview. All applicants will receive a response from the board.
- Katelyn’s Fund notifies families of an adoption grant and grant commitment.
- Grants will be sent directly to the licensed agency you are working with for your adoption.
- Grants are distributed within 30 days after notification of grant commitment to applicants.
- Grants are dispersed directly toward adoption expenses. i.e. adoption agency fees, legal fees, travel expenses, etc.
- Grants will be $3,000 contingent on available resources.
- $1,500 for 2nd and 3rd with 3 total grants being maximum
Please send completed applications and materials to:
Katelyn’s Fund – Application Coordinator
1327 3rd Ave. SE
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250